The basic information
Hongqiang Wang received his PhD in Condensed Matter Physics at the Institute of Solid State Physics, Chinese Academy of Sciences, in 2008. He then worked respectively as a Postdoctoral Researcher, Alexander von Humboldt Fellow and Marie Curie Fellow in National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology (Japan), Max Planck Institute of Colloids and Interfaces (Germany), and University of Liverpool (UK). He has been a Full Professor in Northwestern Polytechnical University (China) since 2015. His main research interest is developing transient extreme conditions for generating novel functional nanomaterials for energy and biomedical applications. He has published over 70 scientific articles in peer reviewed journals including Chem. Soc. Rev., Nature Commun., J. Am. Chem. Soc., Angew. Chem. Int. Ed., Adv. Mater., ACS Nano, Energy. Environ. Sci., Laser Photonics Rev., and Nano Energy. These publications has generated over 3000 citations with H-Index of 30 (Web of Science).
2015, Thousand Youth Talents Award for Distinguished Young Scholars, China
2014, Marie Curie Intra-European Fellowship, European Commision
2012, Alexander von Humboldt Fellowship, Germany
Prof. Dr. Hongqiang Wang has been working on transient extreme conditions including PLICN (pulsed laser irradiation of colloidal nanoparticle) and interfacial sonochemistry, and their application in energy applications. Since 2015 when Prof. Wang joined NPU, he has established a "Sono-Laser Lab" which combines the techniques of nanosecond pulsed laser and high intensity ultrasonication for novel nanomaterials synthesis. He is now leading a research team of "Materials and Devices via Transient Extreme Conditions", which has now 1 Professor, 3 Associate Professors, 3 Postdocs, 12 PhD students, and 10 Master Students. His resarch team is now focusing on laser-matter interactions for energy applications including Perovskite Solar Cells, Lithium Batteries, PEC Water Splitting, as well as Quantum Dot LEDs.
(1) Laser-Matter Interaction
(2) Interfacial Sonochemistry
(3) Perovskite Solar Cells;
(4) Photoelectrochemical Water Splitting;
(5) Lithium Batteries
23. J. Jian#, Y. X. Xu#, X. K. Yang, W. Liu, M. S. Fu, H. W. Yu, F. Xu, F. Feng, L. C. Jia, D. Friedrich, R. van de Krol, H. Q. Wang*, Embedding Laser Generated Nanocrystals in BiVO4 Photoanode for Efficient Photoelectrochemical Water Splitting, Nature Commun. 2019, 10, 2609.
22. P. F. Guo, Q. Ye*, X. K. Yang, J. Zhang, F. Xu, D. Shchukin, B. Q. Wei, H. Q. Wang*, Surface & Grain Boundaries Co-passivation by Fluorocarbon based Bifunctional Molecules for Perovskite Solar Cells with Efficiency Over 21%, J. Mater. Chem. A, 2019, 7, 2497-2506.
21. J. Jian#, G. S. Jiang#, R. van de Krol, B. Q. Wei*, H. Q. Wang*, Recent Advances in Rational Engineering of Multinary Semiconductors for Photoelectrochemical Hydrogen Generation, Nano Energy, 2018, 51, 457-480.
20. G. S. Jiang, F. Xu*, S. H. Yang, J. P. Wu, B. Q. Wei, H. Q. Wang*, Mesoporous, conductive molybdenum nitride as efficient sulfur hosts for high-performance lithium-sulfur batteries, J. Power Sources, 2018, 395, 77-84.
19. Q. Ye#, J. Zhang#, P. F. Guo, H. B. Fan*, D. Shchukid, B. Q. Wei, H. Q. Wang*, Wet-Chemical Synthesis of Surface Passivated Halide Perovskite Microwires for Improved Optoelectronic Performance and Stability, ACS Appl. Mater. Interfaces 2018, 10 (50), 43850–43856.
18. L. C. Jia, * P. Bogdanoff, M. Schmid, U. Bloeck, S. Fiechter, and H. Q. Wang*, Reconstruction of Solar Fuel Ultrathin Films via Periodically Micro-bending for Efficient Photo-electrochemical Water Splitting, ACS Appl. Energy Mater. 2018, 1 (12), 6748–6757.
17. X. Qiu, B. Q. Cao*, S. Yuan, X. Chen, Z. Qiu, Y. Jiang, Q. Ye, H. Q. Wang*, H Zeng, J. Liu, M. G. Kanatzidis “From unstable CsSnI3 to air-stable Cs2SnI6: A lead-free perovskite solar cell light absorber with band gap of 1.48 eV and high absorption coefficient” Solar Energy Materials & Solar Cells, 2017, 159, 227-234.
16. F. Xu,* S. H. Yang, G. S. Jiang, Q. Ye, B. Q. Wei, and H. Q. Wang* “Fluorinated, Sulfur-Rich, Covalent Triazine Frameworks for Enhanced Confinement of Polysulfides in Lithium-Sulfur Batteries” ACS Appl. Mater. Interfaces 2017, 9, 37731-37738.
15. J. Liu,* H. Q. Wang,* M. Antonietti “Graphitic Carbon Nitride “Reloaded”: Emerging Applications Beyond (Photo)catalysis” Chem. Soc. Rev. 2016, 45, 2308-2326.
13. J. Liu,* H. Q. Wang,* Z. P. Chen, H. Moehwald, S. Fiechter, R. van de Krol, L. Wen, L. Jiang, M. Antonietti, “Microcontact-Printing-Assisted Access of Graphitic Carbon Nitride Films with Favorable Textures towards the Photoelectrochemical Application”, Adv. Mater. 2015, 27, 712-718.
12. S. Y. Gao,* X. J. Wei, H. Y. Liu, K. R. Geng, H. Q. Wang,* H. Moehwald and D. Shchukin, “Transformation of Worst Weed into N-, S-, and P-tridoped Carbon Nanorings as Metal-Free Electrocatalysts for Oxygen Reduction Reaction”, J. Mater. Chem. A 2015, 3, 23376-23384.
11. X.Song, Z. Qiu, X. Yang, H. Gong, S. Zheng, B. Q. Cao,* H. Q. Wang,* H. Moehwald, D. Shchukin, “Submicron-Lubricant Based on Crystallized Fe3O4 Spheres for Enhanced Tribology Performance”, Chem. Mater. 2014, 26, 5113-5119.
10. H. Q. Wang,* X. H. Yan,* G. L. Li, C. Pilz-Anne, H. Moehwald, D. Shchukin, “Sono-Assembly of Highly Biocompatible Polysaccharide Capsules for Hydrophobic Drug Delivery”, Adv. Healthcare Mater. 2014, 3, 825-831.
9. A. Pyatenko,* H. Q. Wang,* N. Koshizaki “Growth Mechanism of Monodisperse Spherical Particles under Nanosecond Pulsed Laser Irradiation” J. Phys. Chem. C 2014, 118, 4495-4500.
8. H. Q. Wang,* A. Pyatenko, N. Koshizki, H. Moehwald, D. Shchukin “Single Crystalline ZnO Spherical Particles by Pulsed Laser Irradiation of Colloidal Nanoparticles for Ultraviolet Photodetection”, ACS Appl. Mater. Inter. 2014, 6, 2240-2246.
7. H. Q. Wang,* L. C. Jia, P. Bogdanoff, S. Fiechter, H. M？hwald, D. Shchukin, “Size-Related Native Defects Engineering in High-Intensity Ultrasonication of Nanoparticles for Photoelectrochemical Water Splitting” Energy Environ. Sci. 2013, 6, 799-804.
6. H. Q. Wang,* L. C. Jia, L. Li, X. Y. Li, Z. Swiatkowska-Warkocka, K. Kawaguchi, A. Pyatenko, N. Koshizaki,* “Photomediated Assembly of Single Crystalline Silver Spherical Particles with Enhanced Electrochemical Performance” J. Mater. Chem. A 2013, 1, 692-698.
5. H. Q. Wang,* K. Kawaguchi, A. Pyatenko, X. Li, Z. Swiatkowska-Warkocka, Y. Katou, N. Koshizaki,* “General Bottom-Up Construction of Spherical Particles by Pulsed Laser Irradiation of Colloidal Nanoparticles: A Case Study on CuO” Chem-Eur. J. 2012, 18, 163-169.
4. H. Q. Wang,* X. Y. Li, A. Pyatenko, N. Koshizaki,* “Gallium Phosphide Spherical Particles by Pulsed Laser Irradiation in Liquid” Sci. Adv. Mater. 2012, 4, 544-547.
3. H. Q. Wang,* M. Miyauchi, Y. Ishikawa, A. Pyatenko, N. Koshizaki,* Y. Li, L. Li, X. Li, Y. Bando, and D. Golberg “Single-Crystalline Rutile TiO2 Hollow Spheres: Room-Temperature Synthesis, Tailored Visible-Light-Extinction and Effective Scattering Layer for Quantum-Dot-Sensitized Solar Cells” J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2011, 133, 19102-19109.
2. H. Q. Wang,* N. Koshizaki,* L. Li, L. C. Jia, K. Kawaguchi, X. Y. Li, A. Pyatenko, Z. Swiatkowska-Warkocka, Y. Bando, D. Golberg, “Size-Tailored ZnO Submicrometer Spheres: Bottom-Up Construction, Size-Related Optical Extinction, and Selective Aniline Trapping” Adv. Mater. 2011, 23, 1865-1870.
1. H. Q. Wang, A. Pyatenko, K. Kawaguchi, X. Y. Li, Z. Swiatkowska-Warkocka, and N. Koshizaki,* “Selective Pulsed Heating for the Synthesis of Semiconductor and Metal Submicrometer Spheres” Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2010, 49, 6361-6364.