2018 - to date Northwestern Polytechnical University, Professor
2016 - 2018 Osaka University [Japan], Joining and Welding Research Institute, Postdoctor & Specially Appointed Associate Professor
2013 - 2016 Osaka University [Japan], Doctor
2006 - 2012 Xi'an Jiaotong University [China], Bacholar and Master
2018 Northwestern Polytechnical University "Aoxiang Oversea Researchers Plan"
2017 JSPM Award of Innovative Research [Japan] (ranking 1st)
2012-2016 Japan MEXT Scholarship
More than 40 SCI papers have been published on light alloys and their composites, including 18 first-authored or communication-authored ones. Several papers are published in area top journals, such as Acta Mater, Scripta Mater and Compos Sci Technol. One paper is ESI Highly Cited Papers (1%) and two Most Cited Articles in recent 5 years. Two were selected as journal cover papers, and one as Top25 Hottest Articles.The reviewer of more than 20 SCI journals like Carbon、APL、Compos A、MMT A、MSE A et al.. Reprezentative papers are shown below.
1) B. Chen, J. Shen, X. Ye, L. Jia, S. Li, J. Umeda, M. Takahashi, K. Kondoh. Length effect of carbon nanotubes on the strengthening mechanisms in metal matrix composites. Acta Materialia, 2017, 140, 317-325.
2) B. Chen, S.K. Moon, X. Yao, G. Bi, J. Shen, J. Umeda, K. Kondoh. Strength and strain hardening of a selective laser melted AlSi10Mg alloy. Scripta Materialia, 2017, 141, 45-49.
3) B. Chen, J. Shen, X. Ye, H. Imai, J. Umeda, M. Takahashi, K. Kondoh, Solid-state interfacial reaction and load transfer efficiency in carbon nanotubes (CNTs)-reinforced aluminum matrix composites. Carbon, 2017, 114, 198-208. (ESI Highly Cited Paper)
4) B. Chen, K. Kondoh, H. Imai, J. Umeda, M. Takahashi. Simultaneously enhancing strength and ductility of carbon nanotube/aluminum composites by improving bonding conditions. Scripta Materialia, 2016, 113, 158-162. （Most Cited Scripta Materialia Articles）
5) B. Chen, S. Li, H. Imai, L. Jia, J. Umeda, M. Takahashi, K. Kondoh. Load Transfer Strengthening in Carbon Nanotubes Reinforced Metal Matrix Composites via in-Situ Tensile Tests. Composites Science and Technology, 2015, 113, 1-8. (Highlighted by Materials Today "Carbon nanotubes take the load in composites").
Copyright © Northwestern Polytechnical University ADD:127 West Youyi Road,Xi'an Shaanxi,710072,P.R.China