The basic information
July. 1987―July, 1995, a teacher of English in The Teaching and
Researching Section of Common Subjects, Xi’an Academy of Fine Arts
July. 1995―Present, a teacher of English in School of Foreign Languages, Northwestern Polytechnical University
Sept. 1983―July, 1987, English Department, Xi’an International Studies University
Sept. 2003―May,2006, Department of Foreign Languages,Northwestern Polytechnical University
August 2009―May. 2010, a visiting scholar in Johnson County Community College (JCCC), Kansas, U.S.A.
Education And Teaching
Oral English, English Listening and Comprehensive English Course to English major undergraduates
College English(Reading and Writing Course, Network Viewing, Listening and Speaking Course, and Oral English Course) to Non-English major undergraduates
College English Selective Course, including Business Enlish, English Public Speaking, English for Overseas Study II(TOEFL) and Practical English Writing to Non-English major undergraduates
1. Sep. 2008,Second prize (I Ranked first) in Teaching Achievement Award for “Research and Practice of the New Teaching Mode on Cultivating the English Comprehensive Application Ability of College Students”, Northwestern Polytechnical University
2. 2009, Second prize (Group Award) in National Outstanding Teaching Achievement Award, Education Department
3. 2010, Team Award for Outstanding College English Teaching, Education Department
4. 2013 & 2016, First coaching prize in National English Contest for College Students (NECCS)
1. May. 2006―May. 2012, Research participant, College English Teaching Reform Modelling Project, Higher Education Department,the Ministry of Education
2. Jan, 2008―Dec, 2009, Project leader, “Rhetorical Modes of English Political Speeches” (Grant No. RW200809), a project of Revitalization Fund on Humanities, Social Science and management in Northwestern Polytechnical University
3. 2009―2011, Research participant, Shaanxi Province Distance Education College English Textbook Reform and Practice(09J14), Research Project of Shaanxi Provincial Adult Education Reform(General) , Shaanxi Provincial Department of Education
4. Sept. 2016―Sept. 2017, Project leader, NPU Project for “Teaching and Test Reform”, a curriculum reform project in Northwestern Polytechnical University
1. First writer, “Exploring the Rhetorical Style of Public Speeches from the Perspective of Inaugural Speeches” Journal of Northwestern Polytechnical University(Social Science Version), 2006, No.4.
2. “The Empirical Study of Cultivating Students’ Autonomous Learning Ability Via Multimedia”(English), Proceedings of 2007 ICER (Thailand) , Nov, 2007.
3. “The Cultural Meaning of Color Words in English and Chinese and Methods of Translation”, Journal of US-China Foreign Language, Feb, 2007.
4. Participant of “New College English”Courseware(Book 3 and 4), Foreign Language Teaching and Research Publishing House, June, 2007.
5. Participant in writing and compiling “Fast Reading New Standard English(Book 1)”, Foreign Language Teaching and Research Publishing House, August, 2008.
6. Chief compiler of “College English Integrated Course”(Book 2) and “Guide of College English Integrated Course”(Book 2), Northwest University Press, Sept, 2011.