teacher of english: july, 1987 to present,
school of foreign languages,
northwestern polytechnical university;
september, 1989 to present, mainly teach non-english major postgraduates.
june-august, 2015, visiting scholar in
department of foreign affairs and trade (dfat)
february-july, 2013, visiting scholar in the
november, 2011, visiting scholar in the
july, 2003-july, 2004, visiting scholar in
june, 2001-august, 2002, visiting scholar in
1989 master of arts, northwestern polytechnical university,
1985-87 postgraduate study in xi’an jiaotong university,
1985 bachelor of arts,
english major postgraduates:
translation theories and practice;
non-english major postgraduates:
(1) advanced english listening & speaking;
(2) advanced english writing.
translation theories and practice; language and culture;
world englishes (australian english, china english).
cooperative research on translation, language and culture,
world englishes and english teaching are welcomed.
1. textbook: a course in e-c & c-e translation for est. 2nd edition,
polytechnical university press, july, 2007. it was the translation course textbook
for the non-english major postgraduates in
2. “A Comparative Study on the Key Words in Australian English”, pp 58
3. “australian cultural values reflected in australian english”, pp37
4. “the foreignization of the lexis of
5. “the application of chinese this-sentence in e/c translation” journal of northwestern polytechnical university (social sciences edition), no.3, 2001.
Copyright © Northwestern Polytechnical University ADD:127 West Youyi Road,Xi'an Shaanxi,710072,P.R.China