The basic information
2019.07–present Professor, Ph.D. supervisor, School of Astronautics, Northwestern Polytechnical University
2014.11–2019.07 Associate Professor, School of Astronautics, Northwestern Polytechnical University
2012–2014 PhD., Northwestern Polytechnical University.
2010–2012 Joint PhD. Program, University of California, Irvine.
2009–2010 PhD., Northwestern Polytechnical University.
2005–2009 B.S., Northwestern Polytechnical University.
Education And Teaching
1. Flight Dynamics
2. Advanced Structural Dynamics
Major for Ph.D Students: Flight Vehicle Design, Space Applied Science and Engineering
Major for Master Students: Flight Vehicle Design, Space Engineering
Both domestic and foreign students that are interested in mechanics and applied mathematics are welcome to join my group
1. Spacecraft dynamics and control
2. Ground experiments for spacecraft capture dynamics and control
3. Numerical and experimental studies of aerospace structural dynamics;
4. Vibration isolation of mechanical systems
5. Computational methods for ODEs and PDEs
6. Bio-inspired structure design
23th ICCES "Outstanding Young Investigator Award" (2017, Portugal)
Hong Kong Scholar Fellowship
Science and Technology Award of Shaanxi Province: Frist Prize (2015)
Excellent Doctorate Foundation of NWPU (2012)
Outstanding Young Researcher Award of NWPU (2012,2013)
National Scholarship for Excellent Doctoral Students (2012-2014)
National Graduate Scholarship for Overseas Study by Chinese Scholarship Council (2010)
My research interests include, theoretical and experimental analysis of spacecraft dynamics and control, computational structural dynamics, dynamics and control of flexible spacecraft, aeroelasticity. You can learn more about me by "Honghua Dai, NPU" in my google scholar homepage.
1. H.H. Dai, X.J. Jing, Y. Wang, X.K. Yue, J.P. Yuan. Post-capture vibration suppression of spacecraft via a bio-inspired isolation system, Mechanical Systems and Signal Processing, 105, 2019.
2. H.H. Dai, X.C. Wang, M. Schnoor, X.C. Wang, S.N. Atluri. Analysis of internal resonance in a two-degree-of-freedom nonlinear dynamical system, Communications in Nonlinear Science and Numerical Simulation, 49, pp.176-191, 2017.
3. C. Ma, H.H. Dai, J.P. Yuan. Estimation of inertial characteristics of tumbling spacecraft using constant state filter. Advances in Space Research, 60(3), pp.513-530, 2017.
4. X. Wang, X. Yue, H.H. Dai, S.N. Atluri. Feedback-Accelerated Picard Iteration for Orbit Propagation and Lambert’s Problem, Journal of Guidance, Control, and Dynamics, 40(10), pp.2442-2451, 2017.
5. C. Wei, J. Luo, H.H. Dai, Z. Yin, J. Yuan. Low complexity differentiator based decentralized fault-tolerant control of uncertain large-scale nonlinear systems with unknown dead zone, Nonlinear Dynamics, 89 (4), pp.2573-2592, 2017.
6. H.H. Dai, X.K. Yue, J.P. Yuan. Half-order optimally scaled Fourier expansion method for solving nonlinear dynamical system, International Journal of Non-Linear Mechanics, 87, pp.21-29, 2016.
7. H.H. Dai, X.K.Yue, J.P. Yuan, D. Xie, S.N. Atluri. A comparison of classical Runge-Kutta and Henon’s methods for capturing chaos and chaotic transients in an aeroelastic system with freeplay nonlinearity, Nonlinear Dynamics, 2015.
8. H.H. Dai, X.K. Yue, J.P. Yuan, S.N. Atluri. A time domain collocation method for studying the aeroelasticity of a two dimensional airfoil with a structural nonlinearity. Journal of Computational Physics, 270, pp.214-237, 2014.
9. H.H. Dai, X.K. Yue, D. Xie, S.N. Atluri. Chaos and chaotic transients in an aeroelastic system. Journal of Sound and Vibration, 333(26), pp. 7267-7285, 2014.
10. H.H. Dai, X.K. Yue, S.N. Atluri. Solutions of the von Karman plate equations by a Galerkin method, without inverting the tangent stiffness matrix. Journal of Mechanics of Materials and Structures, 9(2), pp.195-226, 2014.
11. H.H. Dai, X.K. Yue, C.S. Liu. A multiple scale time domain collocation method for obtaining approximate solutions for nonlinear dynamical systems. International Journal of Non-Linear Mechanics, 67, pp.342-351, 2014.
12. X.K. Yue, H.H. Dai, C.S. Liu. Optimal scale polynomial interpolation technique for obtaining periodic solutions to the Duffing oscillator. Nonlinear Dynamics, 77(4), pp.1455-1468, 2014.
13. H.H. Dai, X.K. Yue, J.P. Yuan, D. Xie. A fast harmonic balance technique for periodic oscillations of an aeroelastic airfoil. Journal of Fluids and Structures, 50, pp. 231-252, 2014.
14. D. Xie, M. Xu, H.H. Dai, E.H. Dowell. Observation and Evolution of Chaos for a Cantilever Plate in Supersonic Flow. Journal of Fluids and Structures, 50, pp. 271-291, 2014.
15. X.K. Yue, X.C. Wang, H.H. Dai. A Simple Time Domain Collocation Method to Precisely Search for Periodic Orbits of Satellite Relative Motions. Mathematical Problems in Engineering, 2014, pp.1-15, 2014.
16. P. Li, X.K. Yue, H.H. Dai. Real-time terminal guidance for autonomous spacecraft capture of free floating objects using model predictive control, International Journal of Space Science and Engineering 5 2 (2), 190-204.
17. H.H. Dai, X.K. Yue, J.P. Yuan. A time domain collocation method for obtaining the third superharmonic solutions to the Duffing oscillator. Nonlinear Dynamics, 73(1-2), pp.593-609, 2013.
18. H.H. Dai, M. Schnoor, S.N. Atluri. A Simple Collocation Scheme for Obtaining the Periodic Solutions of the Duffing Equation, and its Equivalence to the High Dimensional Harmonic Balance Method: Subharmonic Oscillations. CMES: Computer Modeling in Engineering & Sciences, 84(5), pp.459-497, 2012.
19. H.H. Dai, J.K. Paik, S.N. Atluri. The Global Nonlinear Galerkin Method for the Analysis of Elastic Large Defections of Plates under Combined Loads: A Scalar Homotopy Method for the Direct Solution of Nonlinear Algebraic Equations. Computers, Materials & Continua, 23(1), pp.69-99, 2011.
20. H.H. Dai, J.K. Paik, S.N. Atluri. The Global Nonlinear Galerkin Method for the Solution of von Karman Nonlinear Plate Equations: An Optimal & Faster Iterative Method for the Direct Solution of Nonlinear Algebraic Equations. Computers, Materials & Continua, 23(2), pp.155-185, 2011.
21. C.S. Liu, H.H. Dai, S.N. Atluri. Iterative Solution of a System of Nonlinear Algebraic Equations. CMES: Computer Modeling in Engineering & Sciences, 81(4), pp.335-362, 2011.
22. C.S. Liu, H.H. Dai, S.N. Atluri. A Further Study on Iteratively Solving the Nonlinear System of Algebraic Equations. CMES: Computer Modeling in Engineering & Sciences, 81(2), pp.195-227, 2011.
23. X.K. Yue, J. Chen, H.H. Dai. Pseudospectral control for 6-DOF electromagnetic formation flying. Journal of Aerospace Engineering: Part G, 2015.
Member of Editorial Board of Journal of Computer Modeling in Engineering and Sciences (SCI-index)
AIAA Senior Member
Organizing committee member for ICCES conference (2015, 2017, 2019, 2020)
Journal Reviewers of JSV, IJNM, Nonlinear Dynamics, JFS, AIAA J.
My team belongs to the National Key Laboratory of Space Flight Dynamics Technology.
My contact email is firstname.lastname@example.org