The basic information
Professor (2021-present), School of Microelectronics, Northwestern Polytechnical University, China
Professor (2020-2021), School of Electronics and Information, Northwestern Polytechnical University, China
Research Fellow (2017-2019), Department of Physics, National University of Singapore; Advisor: Prof. Andrew Wee
Visiting Research Fellow (2015-2017), Department of Physics, National University of Singapore; Advisor: Prof. Andrew Wee
Postdoc (2012-2017), School of Physics, School of Biological Science & Medical Engineering, Southeast University; Advisors: Prof. Ya Zhai, Prof. Zuhong Lu
Customer Service Engineer (2005-2006), Agilent Technologies, Shanghai
PhD in Electronic Engineering (2012), University of Twente, Netherlands; Advisors: Prof. Wilfred van der Wiel, Prof. Yongbing Xu (University of York, UK)
MSc in Condensed Matter Physics (2005), Southeast University; Advisors: Prof. Ya Zhai, Prof. Hongru Zhai (Nanjing University)
BSc in Applied Physics (2002), Southeast University
We're a cross-discipline team (ARTIST), and Master/PhD students majored in physics, materials, micro-electronics, etc. are all welcome.
Shaanxi High-Level Talent Programme (2020)
NPU "Ao Xiang" Overseas Scholar (2020)
International Postdoctoral Exchange Program Outgoing Fellowship (2015)
Overseas Research Student Award Scheme (ORSAS), UK (2006)
Main research theme on Spin storage and its potential applications in advanced "process in memory" system and artificial intelligence (ARTIST website):
1) Magnetic van der Waals materials and their applications in spintronics
2) Spin dynamics at magnetic interfaces, directing to microwave nanodeives
3) Synchrotron radiation studies (XMCD, XPEEM, etc.) of spintronic materials and devices
1) R. Zhu, W. Zhang*, et al. Exchange bias in van der Waals CrCl3/Fe3GeTe2 heterostructures. Nano Letters 2020, 7, 5030. (Reported by https://phys.org/news/2020-07-exchange-bias-van-der-waals.html; https://www.nanowerk.com/nanotechnology-news2/newsid=55640.php)
2) W. Zhang*, et al. Ferromagnet/two-dimensional semiconducting transition-metal dichalcogenide interface with perpendicular magnetic anisotropy. ACS Nano 2019, 13, 8997.
3) W. Zhang*, et al. Magnetic transition in monolayer VSe2 via interface hybridization. ACS Nano 2019, 13, 2253. (2019-2020 Elettra Highlights)
4) W. Zhang, et al. Van der Waals magnets: wonder building blocks for two-dimensional spintronics? InfoMat 2019, 1, 479.
5) P.K.J. Wong,# W. Zhang,# et al. Evidence of spin frustration in a vanadium diselenide monolayer
magnet. Advanced Materials, 2019, 1901185, 1-8.
6) W. Zhang*, et al. Selective tuning of Gilbert damping in spin-valve trilayer by insertion of rare-earth nanolayers. ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces 2019, 7, 17070.
7) W. Zhang*, et al. XMCD and XMCD-PEEM studies on magnetic-field-assisted self-assembled 1D nanochains of spherical ferrite particles, Advanced Functional Materials 2017, 27, 1701265.
8) C. Luo, W. Zhang,* et al. The influence of Nd dopants on spin and orbital moments in Nd-doped permalloy thin films. Applied Physics Letters 2014, 105, 082405.
9) W. Zhang, et al. Observation of current-driven oscillatory domain wall motion in Ni80Fe20/Co bilayer
nanowire. Applied Physics Letters 2013, 103, 042403.
10) W. Zhang, et al. In-plane uniaxial magnetic anisotropy in epitaxial Fe3O4-based hybrid structures on GaAs(100). Physical Review B 2011, 84, 104451.
1) W. Zhang, et al. Growth and properties of magnetic two-dimensional transition-metal chalcogenides. Chapter 9, pp. 227-251, in Spintronic 2D Materials, 2020, Materials Today Book Series, Elsevier.
2) P. Cheng,# W. Zhang,# et al. Molecular beam epitaxy fabrication of two-dimensional materials. Chapter 4, pp.103-134, in 2D Semiconductor Materials and Devices, 2020, Materials Today Book Series, Elsevier.
1) National Natural Science Foundation of China (NSFC) Grant for Young Scientist (2014-2016)
2) China Postdoctoral Science Fund (2014-2016)
Journal reviewer for ACS Nano, Advanced (Functional) Materials, Journal of Physical Chemistry Letters, IEEE Transactions on Magnetics, etc.
American Chemical Society (ACS) member
Grant Reviewer for the National Natural Science Foundation of China (NSFC)
Research topic guest editor for Frontiers in Nanotechnology.