2019.7 - present，Northwestern Polytechnical University, School of Aeronautics, Associate Professor
2018.3 - 2019.7, Nanyang Technological University, School of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering, Research Fellow
2016.12 - 2017.12, Nanyang Technological University, School of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering, Visiting Scholar
2016.6 - 2016.8, Tokyo University of Science, Department of Mechanical Engineering, Visiting Scholar
2015.7 - 2019.4, Xi'an Jiaotong University, School of Aerospace Engineering, State Key Laboratory for Strength and Vibration of Mechanical Structures, Postdoctoral Researcher
2010.9 - 2015.7, Northwestern Polytechnical University, School of Aeronautics, Ph.D. in Solid Mechanics
2006.9 - 2010.7, Northwestern Polytechnical University, School of Aeronautics, B.Eng in Aircraft Design Engineering
1. Fatigue, damage and fracture mechanics
2. Strength theory of high-temperature protective coatings
3. Thermo-fluid dynamics in additive manufacturing
Funding and project:
1. National Science and Technology Major Project (J2019-I-0016-0015, 2021.1-2024.12)
2. National Natural Science Foundation of China (12072272, 2021.1-2014.12)
3. National Natural Science Foundation of China (11602188, 2017.1-2019.12)
Refereed paper publishing：
22. Biao Li*, Yixiu Shu, and Yazhi Li. Interface cracking behavior in high-temperature coatings with non-uniformly distributed segmentation cracks. European Journal of Mechanics - A/Solids, 104674, 2022.
21. Ke Liu, Yazhi Li*, Weidong Wang, and Biao Li*. Modeling and simulation of mechanical-thermal-diffusional-reactional interactions in ceramic oxidation process. Ceramics International, 2022 (In Press).
20. Biao Li, Peidong Li, Runhua Zhou, Xi-Qiao Feng, and Kun Zhou*. Contact mechanics in tribological and contact damage–related problems: A review. Tribology International, 171: 107534, 2022.
19. Xuan Yang, Yazhi Li*, Min-ge Duan, Wei Jiang, Dong Chen, Biao Li*. An investigation of ductile fracture behavior of Ti6Al4V alloy fabricated by selective laser melting. Journal of Alloys and Compounds, 890, 161926, 2021.
18. Xuan Yang,Yazhi Li*, Wei Jiang, Min-ge Duan, Dong Chen, Biao Li*. Ductile fracture prediction of additive manufactured Ti6Al4V alloy based on an extended GTN damage model. Engineering Fracture Mechanics, 256, 107989, 2021.
17. Ke Liu , Yazhi Li*, Min-ge Duan, Teng Zhang, Chen Li, and Biao Li*. Fatigue life prediction of in-situ TiB2/2024 aluminum matrix composite. International Journal of Fatigue, 145: 106128, 2021.
16. Shengnan Wang, Wei Tang, Chen Liu, Biao Li*, Mingfeng Tang*, and Maoping Wen. Digital image correlation measurement of the deformation and failure in PBX brazilian discs reinforced with CFRP patches. Propellants, Explosives, Pyrotechnics, 46(4): 548-554, 2021.
15. Biao Li, Xueling Fan*, Tiejun Wang, and Kun Zhou*. Interfacial fracture behavior of double-ceramic-layer thermal barrier coating system with segmented structure. Engineering Fracture Mechanics, 201: 13-28, 2018.
14. Biao Li, Xueling Fan*, Hiroshi Okada, and Tiejun Wang*. Mechanisms governing the failure modes of dense vertically cracked thermal barrier coatings. Engineering Fracture Mechanics, 189: 451-480, 2018.
13. Biao Li, Xueling Fan*, Kun Zhou, and Tiejun Wang*. A semi-analytical model for predicting stress evolution in multilayer coating systems during thermal cycling. International Journal of Mechanical Sciences, 135: 31-42, 2018.
12. Biao Li, Xueling Fan*, Kun Zhou, and T. J. Wang*. Effect of oxide growth on the stress development in double-ceramic-layer thermal barrier coatings. Ceramics International, 43: 14763-14774, 2017.
11. Biao Li, Xueling Fan*, Dingjun Li, and Peng Jiang. Design of thermal barrier coatings thickness for gas turbine blade based on finite element analysis. Mathematical Problems in Engineering, 2017, 2017.
10. Biao Li*, Yazhi Li, and Jie Su. A combined interface element to simulate interfacial fracture of laminated shell structures. Composites Part B: Engineering, 58: 217-227, 2014.
9. 胡艺伟, 李亚智, 李彪,申思雨. 纤维增强聚合物基复合材料熔融堆积成型技术的研究进展及产品的力学性能. 复合材料学报, 38(4): 979-996.
8. 李彪, 李亚智, 杨帆. 考虑复合材料层合板就地效应的强度理论. 航空学报, 35(11): 3025-3036, 2014.
7. 李彪，李亚智，丁瑞香. 基于物理机制的层合板失效分析方法. 复合材料学报, 30: 158-162, 2013.
6. 李彪，李亚智，刘向东，苏杰. 层合板层间断裂分析的组合界面单元及其特性. 复合材料学报, 30(5): 159-165, 2013.
5. 李彪，李亚智，胡博海. 一种层压复合材料组合界面单元及其有限元模型. 航空学报, 34(6): 1370-1378, 2013.
4. Pengfei Tan, Fei Shen, Biao Li, Kun Zhou*. A thermo-metallurgical-mechanical model for selective laser melting of Ti6Al4V. Materials & Design, 168: 107642-107655, 2019.
3. Peng Jiang, Xueling Fan*, Yongle Sun, Dingjun Li, Biao Li, and Tiejun Wang. Competition mechanism of interfacial cracks in thermal barrier coating system. Materials & Design, 132: 559-566, 2017.
2. Xueling Fan*, Peng Jiang, Biao Li, Xiaochao Jin, and Yong Zhao. Experimental and numerical evaluation of the ablation process of carbon/carbon composites using high velocity oxygen fuel system. Advances in Materials Science and Engineering, 2017, 2017.
1. Liang Wang, Jiayi Wu, Chuanyong Chen, Chuanxiang Zheng, Biao Li, Sunil Chandrakant Joshi, and Kun Zhou*. Progressive failure analysis of 2D woven composites at the meso-micro scale. Composite Structures, 178: 395-405, 2017.
Academic Conference attendance：
1. Biao Li. Analysis of interfacial fracture of double-ceramic-layer thermal barrier coatings with segmented structures. COMPSAFE2020, 9-11 December, 2020, Kobe, Japan (online).
2. Biao Li, Fei Shen, Lichun Bai, Kevin Kho, Wai Yi Ng, Fairuz Mohamad, Swee Thiam Lim and Kun Zhou. Numerical Analysis of Rail Wear Behavior in Railway Systems. 7th International Conference on System Modeling and Optimization, 16-19 February 2019, Rome, Italy.
3. Lichun Bai, Biao Li, Fei Shen, Ng Wai Yi, Mohamad Fairuz, Lim Swee Thiam, Kun Zhou. An integrated approach for predicting wear and fatigue damage of wheels and rails in SMRT systems. 2018 IEEE International Conference on Intelligent Rail Transportation, 12-14 December, 2018, Singapore.
4. Biao Li, Xueling Fan, Tiejun Wang. An optimization design method for thermal barrier coatings thickness distribution of gas turbine blade. The 10th Internaitonal Conference on Fracture & Strength of Solids, 28th August - 1st September, 2016, Tokyo, Japan.
5. Biao Li, Xueling Fan, Feng Xie, Tiejun Wang. Thickness Optimization of Thermal Barrier Coatings for Gas Turbine Blade based on Finite Element Analysis. The 12th Word Congress on Computational Mechanics & The 6th Pacific Congress on Computational Mechanics, 24-29 July, 2016, Seoul, Korea.
6. Biao Li and Xueling Fan. Nonlinear failure analysis of laminated composites under combined tension/compression and shear loading. 19th National Conference on Composite Materials, 14-16 October, 2016, Xi'an, China.
7. Biao Li, Xueling Fan, Yazhi Li. Prediction of failure envelops for laminated composites including in-situ effect. The Chinese Congress of Theoretical and Applied Mechanics, 2015, 15-18 August, 2015, Shanghai, China.
8. Biao Li, Yazhi Li. Influence of span ratio on the four-point bend end notched flexure test. 20th International Conference on Composite Materials, 19-24 July, 2015, Copenhagen, Denmark.
9. Biao Li, Yazhi Li. Theoretical prediction of failure envelopes for composite laminates including in-situ effect. Mechanical Engineering Seminar, 2015, 24-28 March, 2015, Suwa, Japan.
10. Biao Li, Yazhi Li. CDM based nonlinear failure analysis of composite laminates. 1st International Conference on Computational and Experimental Methods for Composite Materials and Structures, 10-12 September, 2014, Harbin, China.
11. Biao Li, Yazhi Li, Jie Su. A new interface element for shell structures delamination analysis. 13th International Conference on Fracture, 16-21 June, 2013, Beijing, China.
12. Biao Li, Yazhi Li, Ruixiang Ding. Physically based failure analysis method for laminated composites. 1st China Internaiton Congress on Composite Materials, 10-13 September, 2013, Beijing, China.
13. Biao Li, Yazhi Li, Xi Li. Numerical simulation of compression-after-impact process of composite laminates. Key Engineering Materials, 2013, 525-526: 265-268. 11th International Conference on Fracture and Damage Mechanics, 18-21 September, 2012, Xi’an, China.
2018 IEEE International Conference on Intelligent Rail Transportation, Best Paper Award
1. Associate Editor of Computer Modeling in Engineering & Sciences
2. Serving as Reviewer of several reputable international journals:
Composites Part B: Engineering
Mechanics Research Communications
Journal of Micromechanics and Molecular Physics
Aircraft Engineering and Aerospace Technology
International Journal of Pressure Vessels and Piping
Journal of Thermal Spray Technology
Copyright © NPU ADD:127 West Youyi Road,Xi'an Shaanx